[FX.php List] Filemaker French character and PHP mail function

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Wed Jan 27 11:19:43 MST 2010

This might not be the answer you are looking for, but I highly
recommend that you start using a decent library that is designed to
handle these specific tasks *for* you, instead of trying to manually
do things that have only minimal support in PHP.

So in short, download SwiftMailer and get going. It's at www.swiftmailer.org
  and here's a small quick intro: http://swiftmailer.org/docs/message-quickref

Regarding the encoding, it is UTF-8 by default in SM.

To comment on the code you pasted, it looks like you are doing a huge
amount of work just to send a mail. What I mean by that is the
"prefabricated" mail body that you are using. It will be soo much
simpler with a real mailing library.

In any case, it looks like the mail contents itself explicitly says
that it is iso-8859-1. Maybe that is your problem, that nomatter what
you do, the mail contents still says this, and the mail client lives
by it. If there are further issues I would guess they're related to
files not being saved as UTF-8 or something.