[FX.php List] Wireless BarCode Scanners

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jan 15 20:03:22 MST 2010

They just came out with that; believe it or not, they *used* to use Windows Mobile.

There have been a lot of requests for the company to make this device publicly available...

Bob Patin

Longterm Solutions LLC
P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
Twitter: bobpatin
FileMaker 10 Certified Developer
--------------------------
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker

On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:25 PM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:

> Well here's a reality... I was just at an Apple store buying a replacement ac adapter for my kids MacBook, an the rep hauled out an iPhone with integrated laser bar code reader to scan the UPC. Actually, the scanner was molded into a plastic case that also held the iPhone/iPod.  The sales rep didn't have any info about the product. Obviously a special build for apple stores.
>
> Jonathan Schwartz
> Exit 445 Group
> 415-370-5011
>
> On Jan 15, 2010, at 4:21 PM, Dale Bengston <dbengston at tds.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey, let's start a rumor that bar-code scanning is yet another feature in the mythical Apple tablet!
>>
>> This has come up twice in my recent lifetime. Once was to scan items in a warehouse. The best idea we came up with was to bolt a laptop with a USB scanner to the forklift. The other one is doing inventory at a school library.
>>
>> It adds a lot of time to empty a shelf and haul books to where the computer with the scanner is located, and it would be easier to take the scanner to the books. Lacking funds, my hack solution is to put the computer (a Mac mini) on a rolling table, and get a long extension cord.
>>
>> I'd prefer an easier (and cheaper) solution than what's available. Keep the ideas flowin'!
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On Jan 15, 2010, at 5:40 PM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>> You know, it was the client who balked at handing out iPhones to delivery drivers.  But I suspect that outfitting them with FedEx-like wireless bar code scanners along with wireless service would probably be alot higher.
>>>
>>> Coincidentally, I started using the RedLaser just last week. What a cool product.

>>> --
>>> Jonathan Schwartz
>>> Exit 445 Group
>>> jonathan at exit445.com