[FX.php List] Edit form and if statements

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sun Feb 21 20:43:47 MST 2010

From experience, it absolutely, positively pays
to put in strong form validation and data
conditioning to get good data up front. As Tim
states, there is no limit to the
...ahem...creativity ...of the end users when
filling out a form.  For some, you wonder if they
have a SHIFT key at all. For others you suspect
that the CAPS LOCK must be glued down. It might
take the user an extra 30 seconds to comply with
a handful of corrections while stiff on the form
page. It could take dozens of hours for staff to
correct bad data entries, after the fact.

In general, I think that I spend 5 -10x times
more effort on building collecting data than I do
just displaying it.

My 2¢.

Jonathan