[FX.php List] Disable Fields?

VanBuskirk, Patricia pvanbuskirk at otc.fsu.edu
Thu Sep 3 06:23:21 MDT 2009

I have a student cable TV order form using FX.php feeding into a FMP9
database.

Option A. is a radio button named "Cable" with a value of "Basic";
Option B is a radio button also named "Cable" but with a value of
"Digital".  Under the Digital section (B), there are add-on options to
select (HDTV, DVR, etc) that are ONLY available to digital customers.

The issue that has come up is this:  A student is signing up for Basic,
then selecting digital add-ons.  Is there a simple way to disable the
add-on fields/options if "Basic" is chosen?  I'm pretty sure I could
find some java script to do it, but would rather stay away from java if
possible, since people can disable it.

Thanks,
Trish