[FX.php List] Container Quandary

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Wed Oct 7 13:36:22 MDT 2009

Hi David,

Unless you have some compelling reason to insert files into container
fields (like there is FileMaker client-server access that expects them
to display in containers), then I would recommend keeping the files
external to your database and store the file's location in the
database. Then use that reference location to display the files via
the web.

To others out there, is it possible to display certain file types in
FMP using web portals that look like containers?

Dale

  --
Dale Bengston
Streamline Studio, LLC