[FX.php List] [OT] Is it possible to see which fmapp users are logged into a database file from within FileMaker?

Karstyn McCoy kmccoy at supportgroup.com
Thu Mar 19 16:59:44 MDT 2009

Get ( MultiUserState ) let's you know the level of network sharing that file
has been set to.

>From FM Help:

Purpose
Returns a number representing the level of sharing for the database
file<glossary.html#1027641>using FileMaker
Network <glossary.html#1027725>.
Format
Get(MultiUserState)
Parameters
None
Data type returned
number
Description
Returns:
 0 when network sharing is off
 1 when network sharing is on, you’re accessing the database file from the
host <glossary.html#1027797> computer, and either all users or a specific
group of users (based on their privilege set) have network access to the
database file
 2 when network sharing is on, you’re accessing the database file from a
client <glossary.html#1027578> computer, and either all users or a specific
group of users (based on their privilege set) have network access to the
database file

Notes
 If the current calculation is stored and you specify its
context<glossary.html#1027612>,
this function will be evaluated based on that context; otherwise, it will be
evaluated based on the context of the current window.
 For information on how functions evaluate differently on the host versus
the client, search the FileMaker Knowledge Base available at
www.filemaker.com/kb.

--Karstyn