[FX.php List] [OFF] Automated FTP Client for backup?

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:27:02 MDT 2009

Here is an example of an ftp upload using curl:

echo "something to fill test.txt with" | curl -T - -u
ftpusername:ftppassword ftp://<<remoteIP>>/folder/test.txt

Just read the man page and you would probably easily be able to do a
download instead,
perhaps curl can dowload folders recursively too?

ggt

2009/3/17 Gjermund Gusland Thorsen <ggt667 at gmail.com>:
> rsync if supposedly good, however I use cURL for such tasks.
>
> ggt
>
> 2009/3/17 Dale Bengston <dbengston at tds.net>:
>> I'm with Webko and Bob P here: the key is to be proactive about where and
>> how you code, rather than reactive with backups.
>>
>> Dale

>>> Likewise. After a number of nasty accidents with a major Uni's homepage
>>> when I fat fingered in vi, I will *never* work on a live web page, no matter
>>> how small the edit.
>>>
>>> I don't use any GUI software, but edit locally, test on dev/test, then
>>> upload to the live site. I think in the long run it saves me time ;-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Webko
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org