[FX.php List] 802 Error on cloned machine. Help. SOLVED

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 5 10:45:47 MDT 2009

I'm not surprised that cloning a server didn't work; FileMaker Server
is so twitchy when it comes to pairing up with the WPE, and I'd expect
that, unless you do it the way they prescribe, the WPE and server
won't connect.

I've tried installing WPE *after* installing FileMaker Server, and
never got that to work; I had an instance when the WPE just quit
working, requiring a re-install, and I had to go thru the whole
process--uninstall FM Server, restart machine, uninstall WPE, then re-
install it, then install FM Server.

What a pain...

So Jonathan, I *really* think you should rent a big bus and take us
all on a tour of San Francisco during Devcon. Since you're the local
guy, I'd think it's the *least* you could do. Dinner too, of course.

I can't wait to ski behind the ship during the dinner cruise...

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker