[FX.php List] Difference in code syntax

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 5 08:51:43 MDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:40 AM, VanBuskirk, Patricia wrote:

> Can someone explain the difference between the following...
>

>     $deptList = $deptListQuery->DoFXAction(FX_ACTION_FINDALL);
>
>                  OR
>
>     $deptList = $deptListQuery->FMFind();

I've never used that first one, but at first glance, it appears to do
a FindAll instead of a FIND; the 2nd one does a FIND; you'd typically
include one or more find criteria with it, like this:

$deptListQuery->AddDBParam('myfield',$searchvalue);
$deptListQuery->AddDBParam('my2ndfield',$searchvalue2);
$deptListResult = $deptListQuery->FMFind();

If you're doing a FindAll, just change the last line to read
FMFindAll() instead, and don't put in any search criteria.

Another thing to keep in mind is to specify how large you want your
search results to be; if you don't put anything, the default is 50; if
you want to see all results, put 'all', like this:

$query =new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort, $dataType, $scheme);
$query->SetDBData($dbname,'web_session','All');
$query->SetDBPassword($mypassword,$myusername);
$queryResults = $query->FMFindAll();

When you want to see the results of your query, you need the 2nd
dimension of the array, like this:

foreach($queryResults[] as $key=>$queryData){
	$name = $queryData['name'][0];
	$address = $queryData['address'][0];
}

HTH,

P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
615-333-6858
bob at longtermsolutions.com
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker