[FX.php List] Connection problem - SOLVED

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Jun 4 08:22:18 MDT 2009

My client finally figured out what he'd done wrong with his servers;
Jon Montgomery's note was the clue:

I had told my client yesterday that FileMaker actually doesn't
communicate with PHP, but with XML; he remembered that last night, and
had a thought. When he upgraded to FMS 10, he didn't know that FX.php
uses the XML setting and not the PHP setting; he'd enabled PHP on the
server, but not XML, so that's why it wasn't working. As soon as he
enabled XML, it started working.

Just in case someone else stumbles into this same problem... :)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new_logo_idea3_120w.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 15728 bytes
Desc: not available

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP ? Full email services ? Free DNS hosting ? Colocation ? Consulting