[FX.php List] Connection problem

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Thu Jun 4 00:24:11 MDT 2009

Hi Bob,

IIRC this is exactly the same issue that I had a while back with
trying to configure a two-machine system where the FMS machine is Win
using IIS, and it related to security settings within IIS... not being
a lover of IIS, and finding server 2003+ security settings an
unintelligible nightmare, I ended up using the FMWebSchool
instructions for how to configure FMS to run under Apache and gave up
trying to understand IIS... as soon as I did that, the problem went
away ;-)

YMMV...

Cheers
Steve

On 4 Jun 2009, at 03:04, Bob Patin wrote:

> Anders,
>
> I wouldn't think so, because they didn't change the web server, only
> the FileMaker server; PHP is being used on the web server, which
> they've been using for a couple of years without any trouble.
>
> It's got to be something to do with the FileMaker machine...
>

> Bob Patin
>

> <new_logo_idea3_120w2.jpg>
> Longterm Solutions
> bob at longtermsolutions.com
> 615-333-6858
> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
> Twitter: bobpatin
> iChat: bobpatin
> AIM: longterm1954
> FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
> Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & FileMaker TechNet
> --------------------------
> FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
> Web hosting • PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting •
> Colocation • Consulting
>
> On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Anders Monsen wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>>
>> Did any of the php.ini file information change when they updated to
>> 10? I had a similar issue when a client updated from 8 to 9, which
>> overwrote the existing custom php.ini file.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anders

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz