[FX.php List] Connection problem

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Jun 3 14:59:35 MDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Leo R. Lundgren wrote:

> Have you checked that the Web Publishing Engine is ON, but also that
> the XML Publishing is ON?

It's not actually my set of machines, so I don't have access, but he's
tested with WPE off, and also with it ON. The error code changes when
WPE is OFF, which led me to believe that the PHP pages are definitely
at least reaching the WPE. But I'm guessing at this point that this is
some sort of Windows deployment issue.

> Also, unless they're the same (I forgot whether the above are
> settings in the admin console or the same as the following), check
> the Extended Privileges regarding fmiwp, fmxml and fmphp (not sure
> which ones of these are required by FX?).

Yes, the privileges are set right; this is a site I wrote for him 2
years ago that has worked fine until he changed the FM Server machine
hardware and updated to FMS 10.

My guess at this point is deployment; I told him to make sure he has
the latest update to WPE for Windows; I seem to recall there were
issues with it on Windows.

Thanks for the suggestions; best,

P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024