[FX.php List] Re: Edit List of Results

Kevin Becker kbecker at treca.org
Mon Jun 1 09:57:50 MDT 2009

Hi Trish,

I totally agree with Dale that the AJAX method would be the best possible
end user experience, but it that concept scares you off, you might try
something like this instead.

When they edit the sort order for a single record, say #25 and change it to
#4, trigger an FMEdit that sets the sort field to 3.5 instead of 4.  In the
same FMEdit, trigger a script, AddDBParam('-script', 'MyScriptName'), and
have that script do a search for records 4 through 24 and loop to increment
them all up one step and lastly set the 3.5 to 4.  You will need 2 extra
fields to pass the values of 4 and 24 into the database so the script can
grab those numbers for the search.

You can see it in action here: https://forms.treca.org/proof.php