[FX.php List] Shopping Carts - Keep in SessionVars or Add Records right away?

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Tue Jul 28 17:18:05 MDT 2009

Yeah there's really a question of what features you want.

The basic approach is to keep the cart in the session as session
variables. There's really no need to put it all in the database, use
the session for what it's worth instead :)

BUT, keeping the cart inside the DB will allow for certain things,
such as the client can put some stuff in the cart, mail his collegue,
and tell him "hey, look at the stuff I put in our cart", and the
collegue can do so from a totally different computer. They can
collaborate.

If that latter example isn't needed, I'd store it in the session.