[FX.php List] PHP question: Presenting the user with multiple pages from each result

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Thu Jul 2 15:28:57 MDT 2009

I see, I guess the free PDFlib option is out of the question then,
unless its cost is justified for this project :)

IMO the installation and the coding usage are two very different
things; If both are possible then I'd choose the one that gives the
best coding experience, but if the first one is a no-do then of course
there's only one choice left :)

It all probably boils down to what level of detail and functions one
need. For example, does FPDF use kerning data in the fonts? Does it
support Unicode? What about templates, querying various types of
information from placed objects (for example textflows where you need
to determine how much have been placed, maybe because you need to
continue with another page) and so on. There is a myriad of things I
think of that I need, and that's why I use PDFlib.

This is off-php-topic, but when searching for a decent PDF product a
couple of years ago I found http://www.reportlab.org/ as well. It is/
was for Python, but I've seen some interest in Python on this list so
I might as well mention it :) It looks good as well.

In any case, the right tool for the job..

-|

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org
>>

>> -|

-|