[FX.php List] [OFF] Anyone Fluent with setting up Wordpress?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Jan 27 16:33:34 MST 2009

It was all working, but I decided to update PHP, which went fine.

But now, I can't connect to my MySQL databases; I have a messageboard
on this server too, something my client bought and I installed, which
also uses MySQL, and it also fails to connect now.

So something I did seems to be keeping the databases from being
accessible.

On OS X Server there's a handy tool called MySQL Manager; I double-
checked it and confirmed that MySQL's running.

Then I restarted the machine, but that didn't help either. Neither
database can be connected to...

I then found a script for testing MySQL connections, and that shows
failure too.

In Navicat, which is an app I use to set up databases, it has a
Connection Test button, which works. But that's local, so maybe that's
why it works and the outside world does not? However, that being the
case, why can't these 2 sites connect, since they're also local?

I found this PHP, which tests a connection:

$link = mysql_connect($hostname,$dbuser,$dbpassword);
if (!$link) {
	 die('Could not connect to MySQL: ' . mysql_error());
}

echo 'Connection OK';
mysql_close($link);

I put this into a PHP page with a little form that sends the values to
it, and it shows this error:

Could not connect to MySQL: Host
'dsl253-081-208.bna1.dsl.speakeasy.net' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server

The host above is the web server...

Anyone know why I'm getting this error? Does this mean that MySQL
really *isn't* running, even though MySQL Manager says that it is?

Oh-so-confusing,

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
Twitter: bobpatin
iChat/AIM: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & TechNet
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker