[FX.php List] FX Version

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Feb 27 17:58:25 MST 2009

I'm reading the Missing Manual book from Geoff Coffey; so far, it's
EXTREMELY fundamental. It's clearly designed to help users who are
starting from scratch... well-written, and there are little things I
didn't know, like some key commands, or the fact that you can OPTION-
drag a part to move the part line and leave an element where it was--
something I've needed to do quite a few times... but unless it kicks
into a higher gear later on, I won't include this on my list of
favorite Filemaker books.

I 2nd the vote for Ray Cologon's upcoming book; assuming it's as well-
written and useful as the v9 book, it'll be excellent. Already pre-
ordered it!

bob at longtermsolutions.com
Twitter: bobpatin
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & FileMaker TechNet
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
Web hosting • PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting •
Colocation • Consulting