[FX.php List] FX Version

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Feb 25 10:49:35 MST 2009

Well explained, David!

Yes, Jonathan has this view of this part of the South as being full of
toe-picking, barefoot tobacco-spitting hillbillies... wait, that's
exactly accurate... oh no!

Actually, Nashville is a funny place in that respect; I can go 10
miles, maybe even just 5, and find people living in shacks out in the
woods, living true to the old stereotype of hillbillies--there are
still people up in the woods in northeast Tennessee making moonshine,
for example.

At the same time, as a city of over a million people in the metro
area, Nashville is a pretty cool place; we have world-class musicians
of every stripe, not just music; Stevie Winwood lives here, Cheryl
Crowe, many other from the rock world... Vanderbilt Med. Center is one
of the finest medical schools and hospitals in the country; Nissan's
intl. headquarters is here; in addition, we have probably a dozen
colleges within 25 miles of here, and a truly excellent symphony. And
of course, there's ME!

But...

The old southern Nascar-loving big-truck redneck tobacco-spitting
mentality is alive and thriving, unfortunately... as part of the Bible
Belt, there is a church on every street corner--there are at least 8
churches within 5 miles of my house.

And we have the Tennessee Titans!

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
Twitter: bobpatin
iChat/AIM: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & TechNet
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker