[FX.php List] Portal Records

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Dec 11 18:06:06 MST 2009

Hi Folks,

Can someone offer wisdom on this portal challenge?

I have a form, one field of which offers multiple checkboxes.

The checkboxes are displayed from master list of values.  Let's say
there are 6 colors..

For each value that exists in a related table, I am able to get the
check boxes to appear checked. Let's say that 2 are checked.  So far
so good.

Master List		Red	Blue	Green	Yellow	Brown	Black

Related table:		Red(checked)			Yellow(checked)

So here's the challenge.

When the form is submitted with different boxes checked...

What do I need to do to record checkbox changes, as part of an Edit
operation for the entire form in fx.php:
	- Remove a checkmark (should delete a related record)
	- Add a new checkmark (should add a related record).

Do I need to create a separate instance  reiteratively comparing the
Posted checkmarks with an array of master value lists.  Sounds clumsy.

Any suggestions?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz