[FX.php List] FYI- Deprecated in PHP 5.3 (incl. ereg...) + PHP upgrades?

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Mon Aug 31 11:27:34 MDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 1:05 PM, Dale Bengston wrote:

> I'm using FileMaker Server 9, but it's not on this Mac. Good thing,
> because it looks like FMS9 is not supported on 10.6. Beware, if
> that's what you use.

On associated thing that has bitten me is that I have FileMaker Server
9 running on Mac OS X 10.4.11 on an eMac.

But I can't get at it using the FM Admin Console Java application from
my MacBook on Snow Leopard - it loads the application and shows me the
initial status page, but as soon as I click on anything to see
Databases for example the Admin Console reports an error and closes.

I guess this is something to do with Java versions - Snow Leopard only
shows Java 6 in the Java Preferences Utility now, where Leopard shows
J2SE 5 and Java 6, and I have to have J2SE 5 at the top of the list
for Java Applications to connect to the Admin Console.

But I do see a fix for this is available here

http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters/fms_9.0.3.326_SSL_mac_update.html

I'll install that tonight on the eMac and see if that allows me to
connect with Java 6.

Roger