[FX.php List] FYI- Deprecated in PHP 5.3 (incl. ereg...) + PHP upgrades?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 28 11:06:01 MDT 2009

Hi all

I recently discovered that the various ereg functions are deprecated
in PHP 5.3.x -- and will be removed as of PHP 6.0.0.  I know I've got
some older scripts that use ereg (or one of its variations), so I
thought I'd pass this along to the list:
http://us.php.net/manual/en/migration53.deprecated.php

As an aside, when do you generally upgrade PHP on your existing
sites?  As upgrades come out?  When required for security?  Never?

Best,
-Joel