[FX.php List] [OFF] Potential gotchas with uploading files?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Apr 3 13:13:51 MDT 2009

I looked at RadUpload, but wasn't overly impressed with it; the
interface looked a little clunky, plus it's using Java and requires
users to okay it--which inexperienced users might find off-putting. In
the demo, the feedback I got in the Java applet window wasn't too
impressive...

The standard PHP upload works great, doesn't require Java, is
reliable; I have a page that has 3 upload fields on it, so that
clients can upload 3 MP3 files at one time, then loop around and do it
as many times as they need. Works great, is lightweight (page is about
8K), and doesn't require any sort of permission to be granted by the
user.

Best,

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new_logo_idea3_120w.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 15728 bytes
Desc: not available

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP ? Full email services ? Free DNS hosting ? Colocation ? Consulting

>>> http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.is-uploaded-file.php

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org