[FX.php List] [OFF] Potential gotchas with uploading files?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Apr 3 08:30:52 MDT 2009

I definitely wouldn't embed the upload path anywhere but in PHP so
that it's not visible to users.

Also, I check for authorization at the top of my upload pages, so that
only someone who logged-in properly can load the upload pages--that
will keep anyone else from being able to upload anything.

I put something like this:

if ($_SESSION['convoluted_variable'] != "lethimin"){
	echo 'Access prohibited.';
	exit;
}

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker