[FX.php List] Faster record creation?

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Tue Sep 16 12:26:54 MDT 2008

Could you create the records via a FileMaker script, then search for
the newly created record and display this, as part of the script?

I have not executed scripts via FX, but have done so successfully
several times using the PHP API with multiple parameters. If the
script can do all the work for you, the question then becomes how
quickly can the script create these records.

Anders Monsen

On Sep 16, 2008, at 9:07 AM, John Funk wrote:

> I am not sure if SQL will be faster, I am looking for feedback.
> Is there a snippet of code somebody can paste here to get me started
> in
> creating records in FM via SQL / FX?
> John
>

> On 9/16/08 3:36 AM, "Ernest Cunningham"
> <ernest.cunningham at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What about using an sql query to create the records in FM?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Ernest Cunningham

>>   FileMaker Database Developer
>>   Nelson,  New Zealand
>>
>>   Ernest Cunningham
>>   Mobile: +64-21-40 66 75
>>   Web Site: www.ging.co.nz
>>
>> On 16/09/2008, at 5:21 AM, John Funk wrote:
>>
>>> I have a solution that when a new company is entered and record
>>> created it
>>> also creates 1064 records in a child table. I am looking to
>>> streamline the
>>> process so instead of taking 70 seconds to create the records it is
>>> somewhere around 30 seconds. Any feedback will help.
>>>
>>> This is the current looping process:
>>> 1. Create new parent record. (Company)
>>> 2. Find records from the category table (Category) (1064 found)
>>> 2a. For each found Category, create a record in Company_Category
>>> with CompID
>>> and CatID.
>>>
>>> There are a few other methods I have tried with marginal
>>> improvement.
>>> 1. Perform the record creation in FileMaker with a looping script
>>> called
>>> from PHP.

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org