[FX.php List] Faster record creation?

John Funk csinfo at criticalsolution.com
Mon Sep 15 11:21:53 MDT 2008

I have a solution that when a new company is entered and record created it
also creates 1064 records in a child table. I am looking to streamline the
process so instead of taking 70 seconds to create the records it is
somewhere around 30 seconds. Any feedback will help.

This is the current looping process:
1. Create new parent record. (Company)
2. Find records from the category table (Category) (1064 found)
2a. For each found Category, create a record in Company_Category with CompID
and CatID.

There are a few other methods I have tried with marginal improvement.
1. Perform the record creation in FileMaker with a looping script called
from PHP.
2. Perform the record creation in FileMaker using exports and imports called
from PHP.
3. Created a duplicate FM Layout with just two fields for FX to create the
Company_Category records.

 I have looked at the FileMaker record counter diring tests and the slowness
is NOT in the Find Category, it is in the record creation.

Any ideas on creating records faster?

John Funk