[FX.php List] [OFF] Rewrite for forcing http to https possible?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Sep 11 14:47:42 MDT 2008

Troy,

I'm sure you already know that you can toggle SSL by simply changing
the URL and it'll take them in and out of SSL-land...

You can use these two side-by-side:

http://www.site.com
https://www.site.com

I'm not sure why you're thinking you'll need to use an htaccess file,
although perhaps I'm missing something here.

If you want to force visitors into SSL-land, you can easily put up
redirect pages, with this as the whole content of the page:

When they hit

http://www.site.com/page.htm

your page would contain this:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;url=https://www.site.com/
page.htm">
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
</BODY>
</HTML>

At least, that's how I would do it... :)

Very easy to do, and you can use a redirect like that for any page
that you want to ensure that your visitors view while under the SSL
cert.

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker