[FX.php List] Finding emails in Filemaker with PHP

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:57:59 MDT 2008

The reason why it's clumsy to store emails in the a field that has a
language sorting is:

Language indexes strips off everything outside of the characters that
makes up the language,
for english that would be all characters [A-Z][a-z] on top of it all
A=a, so much for individual characters...
@ is most likely turned into an IFS( inter field separator such as
tab, newline and space ) when a language is used for indexing the
field.

Switching to Unicode instead of a language does turn off all this
imaginary wordsplitting stuff and therefore indexes an email as 1
entity.

hth,
ggt