[FX.php List] Annoying PHP warning

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Sep 8 09:48:21 MDT 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Leo R. Lundgren wrote:

> Thirty to forty lines of code isn't a lot :)

Yes, I know that, but I didn't want to put 30 or 40 lines in an email...

> But anyhow, you say you don't have register_globals active.

True.

> You also say that there is no place where you use both $myVar and
> $_SESSION['myVar'] at the same time.

Not true. What I said is that I very often (almost always, in fact)
use the same variable names for a $_GET or $_POST and then in the
subsequent variable.

On this page, I have 2 session variables that I read in and use for a
$the_db = $_SESSION['the_db'];
$return_link = $_SESSION['return_link'];

Is this a bad thing to do? If so, I'm wondering why it hasn't been a
problem in other pages. I pass around things like userIDs all the
time, and I would normally save it in the same session variable name
that I might use later in the page, and it never throws an error...

Thanks for any help...

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954