[FX.php List] Annoying PHP warning

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Sep 7 15:10:41 MDT 2008

Well, it's a LOT of code; it's a very complex form, with a large loop
that takes an array and processes the array elements, does some
calculations, and then generates a table. At the top of the form,
where the error is (because I can comment it out and eliminate it),
the code there is probably 30-40 lines long.

But here's just one place where I'm using a GET_var and also using it
as a variable:

if (isset($_GET['skipSize'])){
	$skipSize=$_GET['skipSize'];
}

So if I understand correctly, I shouldn't use the same var name in 2
places like that?

I've done it a million times with POST variables; I know that I always
try to keep my var names the same as field names, for consistency...

BP

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker