[FX.php List] Suggestions on editing a list of check boxes

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Mon Sep 1 12:11:18 MDT 2008

John,

Bob is right about checkbox naming (if you're not careful, you'll end
up with only that last value in the list), but there's a very elegant
way to handle this: name your checkbox element with empty square
brackets.

<input type='checkbox' name='my_checkbox[]' value='some_value' />

What this does, is cause PHP to automagically assemble all checkbox
values for a given set into an array.  Neat, eh?  Just be sure to
check that values were submitted before stepping through that PHP
array with foreach() or you'll get an error.

HTH

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 7/8/9 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org