[FX.php List] Re-populating $_POST form data

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Fri Oct 24 15:42:16 MDT 2008

You also could run this loop to set the variables from what you send
over in the form:

$query_string = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
parse_str($query_string);

foreach($_POST as $this_key => $this_value) {
	$this_var = $this_key;
	$$this_var = $this_value;
}

In this case, if you use the syntax <input type="text"
name="nameFirst" value="<?php echo $nameFirst;?>"> then the above
foreach should let you load the page and display the variable that you
sent in the POST.

This way you don't need to declare each variable, ie. $nameFirst =
$_POST['nameFirst'];

Not sure if that's what you're looking for...

Anders