[FX.php List] Revisiting Execute XML error

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Fri Oct 17 08:28:29 MDT 2008

I can't speak to whether that is trouble or not, but it was something
I found when looking for this error via Google.

However, when going through the result array line by line I believe I
found a possible cause.

Two of the accounts I tried had been created with the same username
and password. When I changed the password to something different, or
created a new account, the connection broke because I had switched the
username and password sequence in the function. I took my
authentication method from a MySQL solution I created a while back,
but did not change the sequence to match the proper sequence:

	$fmConnection = new FX($serverIP, $webCompanionPort);
	$fmConnection->SetDBData($dbName, $layout');

	$fmConnection->SetDBPassword($_POST['password'],
$_POST['username'] ); <-- hey, now it works...

Mea culpa. Since the tool mentioned above relies on a form where you
enter the username and password, the proper sequence is correct there.
I had the sequence correct elsewhere in the page, but this never
cropped up in testing as I used the account and password provided to
me, which in both cases were identical.

Thanks,
Anders

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org