[FX.php List] [OFF] Saving a PDF file to a Server

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Tue Oct 7 22:37:20 MDT 2008

Hi Ernest

Thanks for that.

I "think" I have it running OK now. Using your hint of Get (Temporary
Path ) which showed me just exactly what the format of a path that
FileMaker was expecting to see looked like, I've got the Database now
writing out the file onto the FM Server machine into a folder there
(not the temp folder now) and then put an automator action onto that
folder to copy the file from there to the Mac with the Web Publishing
Engine and Apache server on it. This seems to work.

(Perhaps with more trial and error I could figure out how to write it
directly to the Apache server machine assuming it was mounted as an
afp volume on the FM Server machine) but it's very late now.

I tried the container field suggestion, and that worked too within the
database, but since I'm actually using BlackBelt for the web stuff I
couldn't figure out how to get that called as a link on a page to see
the PDF file.

 From one Kiwi (in Michigan) to another

Thanks!!!!!!

Roger