[FX.php List] Strange... Class 'FX_Error' not found

Ben Bradley ben at batfastad.com
Mon Oct 6 02:49:53 MDT 2008

Ok success!

The hosting provider changed the Apache TimeOut (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout) back up to the
default of 300 seconds and now it works perfectly! They must have had the
timeout set really low, like really low 0.5 or something.
And I wasn't convinced that was that setting at first, it seemed unlikely my
script was timing out since it connects/runs perfectly quickly.

However it seems to be working now, so hopefully someone will find that
useful if they are having problems

In my investigations though, I did start looking at the URL that FX.php
builds to make a cURL request.
The URL format is one of those http://username:password@81.xxx.xxx.xxx
:591/....
Because username and password are set in my web security DB so I can control
access.

Does FX.php use the cURL option CURLOPT_USERPWD to build the cURL request?
(see http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.curl-setopt.php)
Or does FX.php just tack it onto the URL manually?
Using the CURLOPT_PORT option may also be a good idea for future versions.

This is great, now means I can ditch our incredibly unreliable ISP hosting!

Thanks for all your help!
Ben