[FX.php List] [OFF] DreamWeaver - was FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Andy Gaunt andy at fmpug.com
Mon Nov 17 09:15:22 MST 2008

Hi Roger,

Some benefits to CS4 would be:

•	All included files are accessible from a new toolbar, making it
easier to jump to an included file and back to the source you were
editing. It also means you do not have to have as many files open at
once.
•	The ability to have a split code view is great, this allows you to
view say a form on a page in one split and in another do some
verification of elements from that form somewhere else in your code.
•	Show code navigator. This is great if you are looking to edit a
particular CSS element and you have imported one or several CSS files.
Rather than do a find in your various files you can simply view the
code navigator for any element and then click on your CSS rule and it
will take you not only to the right file but directly to the line.
•	Indenting is now a lot smarter in this version. If you start a tag
indented it will set the closing tag at the same indent level. It also
automatically nests the next line in for you so your code should look
cleaner (tie this in with the ability to collapse a full tag you
should be able to navigate your code better) eg:
	<?php if($tag = true) {
		//automatically places cursor here for next line of code
	} 	//adding a closing tag automatically moves it back inline with the
starting tag
	?>

Sure there is more but that is all I can think of right now.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Andy Gaunt
T: 321-206-3658
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

FMPug.com: A Developer's best Friend!

FindFileMakerDevelopers.com -
The #1 listings engine for FileMaker Professionals