[FX.php List] Stumbled on something I hadn't realized...

Andy Gaunt andy at fmpug.com
Thu Nov 13 13:03:49 MST 2008

Where you deal with an array such as $_POST, $_GET, $_SESSION or one
you create you can wrap those in curly quotes inside your doubles to
avoid extra concatenation.

eg:

"The first name is {$_POST['nameFirst'] } and the last name etc";

Also, if you are typing a lot of HTML code within the quotes with
variables included, you may want to look into HEREDOC as then double
quotes do not need to be escaped for your HTML or switched out for
single quotes.

$code = <<<EOD
EOD;

echo $code;

Cheers

Andy Gaunt
T: 321-206-3658
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

FMPug.com: A Developer's best Friend!

FindFileMakerDevelopers.com -
The #1 listings engine for FileMaker Professionals