[FX.php List] Current function

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 12:34:44 MST 2008

Hi Anders

Here's my understanding:

If you wanted to use the current() function, you could use:

current( $recordDetails )  *instead of*  $recordDetails[0]

but that doesn't really save you anything, and either way, you still
need to use explode() to capture the recid...

If you ever display the returned 'data' array in FX.php ($createResult
['data']), you'll see that it looks like:

Array
(
     [41.6] => Array
         (
             [NameFirst] => Array
                 (
                     [0] => Anders
                 )
             [NameLast] => Array
                 (
                     [0] => Monsen
                 )
         )
)

You'll notice that the first (and only) element of this array has a
key of "41.6".  That represents FileMaker's internal Record ID and
Modification ID (i.e. the number of times that record has been
modified), so in my example, your record has recid 41 and has been
modified 6 times.

In your foreach loop example (below), the explode() function is used
to separate the values on either side of the period into separate
values of a new $recordDetails array:

Array
(
     [0] => 41
     [1] => 6
)

Then to get the record id, you can use either current() or [0].

NOTE: I'm not sure how list() is preferable to creating an array.
GGT or Steve care to comment?

HTH,
-Joel