[FX.php List] Many [Guest] authentication attempts? (FMS Warnings)

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Nov 10 13:35:33 MST 2008

Joel,

My servers get hit all the time with FTP login attempts; so long as
one avoids the obvious login usernames and passwords, it wont' be a
problem, that I can see. Can I stop it? No, so long as I have an FTP
server running on a machine. All of my web servers have FTP server
software running out of necessity, so it's something I've gotten used
to seeing.

Morons with nothing better to do than to try to break into servers or
sites are rife on the web...

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat/AIM: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker