[FX.php List] Meeting of FX.php Minds at DevCon

David Ness dness at bondedbuilders.com
Tue May 27 14:57:22 MDT 2008

JQuery, not Lajax.

David Allen Ness
Database Systems Programmer
Web Applications Developer

-----Original Message-----
From: fx.php_list-bounces at mail.iviking.org
[mailto:fx.php_list-bounces at mail.iviking.org] On Behalf Of Bob Patin
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:53 PM
To: FX.php Discussion List
Subject: Re: [FX.php List] Meeting of FX.php Minds at DevCon

Hmm... good question.

My general feeling is that it might be more beneficial to all if it
were a general PHP meeting rather than just FX, because after you get
past the method of transferring data, it all comes down to PHP rather
than FileMaker.

So from that viewpoint, I'd tend to think that it might be useful for
other attendees if, as Steve suggested, some of us showed some of our
favorite implementations, and perhaps talked about some techniques
used to build the sites.

Most of what I'm getting excited about lately has more to do with
tricks I've developed for writing sites, more than anything new I'm
doing with FX--I use the same routines over and over with FX, for the
most part. The tricks come in when it's time to figure out how to do
some more exotic things.

For example, last year the good Mr. Michael Ward showed off his
wonderful use of Lajax (Joel, correct me if that's the wrong name for
what he uses); I wish I could've followed it better.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP * CDML * Full email services * Free DNS hosting * Colocation *
Consulting