[FX.php List] Error 958: Parameter missing in query

Erik Andreas Cayré erik.cayre at dagkort.dk
Tue May 20 14:47:04 MDT 2008

Hi all,

Recently, a problem has come to my attention, which has
(unfortunately) bugged a site I have built for just over a year.

In some rare cases, when a customer attempts to place an order on the
site, FX throws a 958 error.

I have been digging for possible causes, and now have a theory which
I'd like your comments on.

Last year this issue came up on the list, and it was identified as
caused by the webpage containing the form to be POSTed lacking the
following:
I have checked my source code, and it does indeed have this META tag
included:

> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd
> ">
> <head>
> 	<link media="screen" href="admin/files/css/structure.css"
> rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
> 	<link rel="StyleSheet" href="inc/the_sheet.css" type="text/css"
> media="screen">
>
> 	<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
> 	<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
>
> 	<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="inc/
> functions.js"></script>
> 	<title>Dagkort.dk - Kvittering: Ugekort, Jels Fiskeriforening</title>

When I catch errors in the site's operation, I have it send an email
with information which might be used to identify and fix the problem.
Looking over 145 instances of this error, I have found only one common
factor: the string ".NET CLR 1.1.4322" in the user-agent
identification. Complete sample here:
		Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET
CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)
You may notice that in my source HTML, the META tag appears before the
title tag.
My current theory is that the .NET framework (or whatever) which is
common to all the errors I have seen, somehow doesn't like my HTML
source.
Before writing this message, I have amended my code to swap the
positions of the tags, such that the TITLE tag appears before the META
tag. Unfortunately, I have no ready access to a Windows PC with the
exact same .NET framework installed to test the problem. So I'll have
to wait and see.

All comments are welcome;-)
regards
---