[FX.php List] String Parse still not working

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sat May 17 21:30:14 MDT 2008

Hi folks.

This post started as a discussion of my PHPMailer script. I am still
unsuccessful getting php to parse a string that comes from another
variable.

In the examples below, only CASE2 works.  But I need the string to
come from another source...$newhtmlstring...not defind within the
script.

CASE1
echo <<<output
$newhtmlstring
output;

CASE2
echo <<<EOT
My name is {$name}.
EOT;

CASE3
echo <<<EOT
$newhtmlstring
EOT;

I've been at this off and and on for a week.

Help!

//CASE1
$newhtmlstring1 = $findData['recipient_project::mailhtml'][0];
//string = My name is {$name}.
$str1 = <<<EOD
$newhtmlstring1
EOD;
echo  $str1;
//PRODUCES:  My name is {$name}.

//CASE2
$newhtmlstring2 = "My name is {$name}.";
;
$str2 = <<<EOD
$newhtmlstring2
EOD;