[FX.php List] Do non-field objects on layout affect performance?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun May 4 18:06:14 MDT 2008

Tim,

That's interesting; I had always thought that extra objects on a web
layout affected performance.

I always create web-specific layouts for web apps, that only contain
the fields that I need. Maybe it's an extra step, but it's easy to see
my data that way too... I always assumed it helped speed a little bit.

Chris may have some info on this...

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting