[FX.php List] [Off] Help with .htaccess RewriteRule or Redirect

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Fri Mar 21 14:47:34 MDT 2008

Troy,

First off, I love Speakeasy =)  That's my ISP too, and they're the
best that I've found.

As for what you want to do, I think that Apache's mod_rewrite would be
just the thing.  Basically, mod_rewrite checks all requests and
rewrites the URL before passing back into the server.  I'm not sure
about the redirect though...  Also, mod_rewrite directives go in your
httpd.conf file.  Finally, I'm booked today so I can't really dig into
this until tomorrow (Saturday).  At any rate, if you don't get any
better information/offers, drop me a line back channel, and we can
take a look at things tomorrow.  Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org