[FX.php List] Session1, Meet Session 2?

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Mar 12 09:48:31 MDT 2008

Jonathan,

That's working as designed (doubly so if you're using cookies to
handle your sessions.)  Think about it from an ISP perspective: they
may have multiple sites on a single server, and they certainly don't
want sessions being shared between sites (nor would their customers.)
You COULD write a custom session handler (or use someone else's --
they're out there) to query your own database and thus handle things
exactly as you desire, but if both bits are eventually going on the
same server, this may just not be worth it.  Best,

--Chris