[FX.php List] FileMaker Server and Dual-Processor Xserves

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Tue Mar 11 08:57:50 MDT 2008

Den 11/03/2008 kl. 15.40 skrev Dale Bengston:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I recall some discussions of problems with the WPE on dual-processor
> Macs. I have a client with a late-model Intel Xserve, running 10.4.x
> Server and FileMaker Server 8, plus the WPE on the same box (please
> hold your comments on that part).

!!! Congrats on the 'running' part of the above.
I spent more time than I care to remember, trying to get FMS8 working
last year...

> Is this a scenario that I should worry about?

I have only limited experience with FMS8. I had a server running for
test purposes for some months, and don't recall having any problems.
(besides getting it running in the first place!)
I had FMS8 on several machines including DP G4, and G5.

I would recommend upgrading to FMS9 for it's improved feature set and
much more stable configuration and management tools.

BTW: I now have a production system running on a recent (sep 207)
XServe with 15K disks. It does webserving, CPW, IWP, PDF
generation, ...and stufff!
FMSA9.0.3 on Tiger server (10.4.11). (It's at www.web2pdf.dk)
No hiccups!

regards

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
6705 Esbjerg Ø

Privat Tel: 75150512
Mobil: 40161183

---
»Ved indlæring er interessen så meget mere effektiv end frygt, som en
atomeksplosion er stærkere end en knallert.«

--Stanley Kubrick

»Kun p....sure mennesker kan ændre verden. Innovation skabes ikke af
'markedsanalyse', men af folk, der er afsindigt irriterede over
tingenes tilstand «
--Tom Peters

»Hvis du ikke kan forklare det simpelt, forstår  du det ikke godt nok.«
-- Albert Einstein

»Hvis du ikke har tid til at gøre det rigtigt, hvornår vil du så have
tid til at lave det om?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach