[FX.php List] RECID anomaly, more info

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sat Mar 8 12:30:39 MST 2008

I think I finally figured out what this web app is doing:

Contrary to how *I* would do this, the original coder would retrieve
the contactID before loading each and every form. He stored the
contactID in a session variable, and then before loading each form, he
put an include in the page that would retrieve the session variable
and query the database for the proper RECID for this client.

So I assume the sessions are timing out after all...

My question though is this: if the session times out, then the query
for the user's contactID should fail, and if that happens, the RECID
doesn't get returned.

If there's no value in the RECID, then why is FMEdit writing to the
first record in the table?

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954