[FX.php List] FMSA Web Pub Deployment problems

CSInfo CSinfo at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 14:39:31 MDT 2008

Thanks Bob.
We are installing v9.

  _____

From: fx.php_list-bounces at mail.iviking.org
[mailto:fx.php_list-bounces at mail.iviking.org] On Behalf Of Bob Patin
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:38 PM
To: FX.php Discussion List
Subject: Re: [FX.php List] FMSA Web Pub Deployment problems

John,

You didn't mention what version of FMSA you're using. If it's 8.0, then you
don't have to reinstall FMSA; if it's 9, you'll probably have to re-install
FMSA 9. Make sure to install on the worker FIRST (the web server).

Good luck,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

  CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
     AIM or iChat: longterm1954
     Yahoo: longterm_solutions
     MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
     ICQ: 159333060

--------------------------
Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP . CDML . Full email services . Free DNS hosting . Colocation .
Consulting

I have tried multiple times changing the deployment of a FMSA from 1 machine
to 2 (alternate). The second machine is running iis on 2003 server. I want
that machine to be web pub and web server. I cannot find any doc that
explain the error I get. I know the web server is running by testing
http://xx.xx.xx.x.
Do I need to run the FMSA installer on machine 2?
Where is the best info for problem solving deployments?
Thanks,
John Funk