[FX.php List] How to not reload logo from db ?

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 01:52:08 MDT 2008

Glen

I use a database driven menu system on my department's website which only changes occasionally but which is called by ever single page read. This did result in a lot of unnecessary accesses to the database and a consequential hit on performance.

Some months ago I read a post regarding FXneoCache  http://www.neocodesoftware.com/fx_neocache/

This has proved to be most effective and fits perfectly with FX.php. You can set the expiry time to suit your requirements so that it will pick up a change to your database. I have added a couple of tweaks so that I can force a refresh from a browser.

HTH

Roger