[FX.php List] entropy.ch php after FMI's php?

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Tue Jun 17 17:18:39 MDT 2008

I'm pretty sure Entropy's installer creates its own directory, so
there shouldn't be an over-writing problem. (That's the way it
coexists with the Apple default PHP install, anyway.) The trick is to
make sure your httpd.conf file refers to the right install. If I
recall, all I had to do in the past was make sure the default install
was commented in httpd.conf and the Entropy installer would write
lines at the end of the file to refer to itself.

The various versions should co-exist. To switch between versions of
PHP, you just need (in httpd.conf) to comment all the ones you don't
want to use, and un-comment the one you do. (Or, if you're using PHP
from the command line, you can use any install at any time by
referring to it by full path - httpd.conf only applies to Apache.)

This is all from my memories of 10.4.x. I haven't installed the 10.5.x
beta yet, although I guess it's pretty solid for Intel. The beta
installer may not be as elegant as Mr. Liyanage's released versions.

Dale