[FX.php List] AJAX Big Picture

biscuit technologies biscuit.tech at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:21:18 MDT 2008

Hi again,I'm not so familiar with setting SESSIONs and I've been doing some
reading  up on it.
Roughly, I have a layout that shows four columns of data and I want to
provide the ability to sort two of the columns either by themselves or
sequentially:
Sort by ColA
Sort by ColB
Sort by ColA, then B
Sort by ColB, then A

I was thinking to do this with a series of pulldowns and AJAX so I can stay
on one page and refresh the data without refreshing the rest of the page.
The key need here is to be able to do the sorting within a found set, so if
I do a find and reduce the found set to 50 records, I want to be able to
sort just those records.

Would I be able to do this by setting SESSION? I'm having a hard time
understanding how to go about saving that found set so I can do things with
it.

If it helps, I don't need to send any edits back to the db, this is all just
information presentation.

Thanks,
David